What do you like at Boathouse? Dislike?

HappyGal

DIS Veteran
It seems like the Boathouse at Disney Springs is at the top of many’s must do dining lists.

If so, what do you recommend off the lunch menu?

Anything you wouldn’t get again?

Do you live in an area where you regularly eat local seafood? If so I would pass. I live in New England and found it to be red lobster quality.

I feel that way about anywhere at disney. I recommend choosing places you don’t have near you. An example, if I was from the south I wouldn’t choose homecomin’. I am sure people from the south would say my moms fried chicken is way better. However I look forward to it every trip because we don’t have that style of food readily available near us.

Edit: if looking for seafood I would recommend Bluezoo or Flying Fish.

I second the sliders, so yummy! We visited in December many times and always sat outside overlooking the water and watching the amphicars. Our last visit was in August so we sat inside with much-needed air con, not quite the same.

We had a bad experience with the server, but only once out of many times so we are still planning to return.

Last edited:
I think it’s good but slightly overrated.

The appeal is that it’s basically American favorites but elevated. The menu is attractive to about 99 percent of Disney visitors. The atmosphere is also the right mix of white table cloth but casual and family friendly.

With that said the filet sliders are well worth the hype.

Like others, the filet mignon sliders are my go-to, with a side of french fries. It used to be two sliders that came automatically with fries but now it's three sliders and fries have to be ordered separately. I also enjoy their burger, the fish tacos, and whatever their grilled fish entree is. I've never had anything bad. Hope you enjoy!!

I've enjoyed a lot of things there, but I'll have to chime in with everyone above on the filet sliders. I'm not even the biggest steak lover but those were absolutely delicious and a great value for Disney and that restaurant in particular. Other than that meal, I usually go for some type of fish dish and have always been pleased. The tuna and grouper and firecracker shrimp spring to mind as things I've enjoyed. The one exception is the lobster roll. It was ok but was not worth the high price tag IMHO. If you are familiar with lobster rolls from the NE coast you will probably be disappointed with this one.

We love the Boathouse. We've find the food and service to be excellent overall and think it's worth the price.

We were there not long after they opened and honestly was less then impressed with the food and service.

I like it and I enjoy the food. It isn’t the best but very good. I have mostly had exceptional service there. I don’t like sitting inside there. I love sitting outside. But I don’t like loud restaurants.

We were there not long after they opened and honestly was less then impressed with the food and service.
We had this experience as well, and avoided returning for a number of years as a consequence. We decided to give them another chance in January, and we’re happy that we did. Food and service both met expctations consistent with the prices we paid. We preceded dinner with a shared appetizer and drinks at Jock Lindsey’s Hanger Bar, in case we were again disappointed with the Boathouse. In the end, the combination made for a very nice evening.

I enjoy the restaurant and menu and would describe it as above average-good (consistent with a majority of posters here). I actually enjoy Paddlefish a bit more but definitely a different vibe.

I think it has gone hugely downhill. We were there the year it opened and loved it. My recent trip service was terrible and food was ok at best we won’t be back after years of it being our only must do

I found Boathouse to be pretty pedestrian. It's a nice place, but, there's really nothing that sets it apart from restaurants we go to at home. Usually at Disney I'm kind of looking for a theme or menu I'm not used to.

I ordered swordfish, can't remember if it was a regular menu item or a special, but, it was the tiniest piece of swordfish I have ever been served in a restaurant.

Next time I think we'll try the outside bar and give the sliders a shot.

We had the cauliflower steak, burger, and calamari. It was all very good. Helpful and friendly service from all servers in our area. I would sit outside as the inside can be noisy and feel crowded.

The first time we went due to all the rave reviews and had a less than stellar experience. Went back as we always give a restaurant a second chance and anyone can have an off night.
The second time we went ordered and waiter said great and no problem as my wife has an allergy. Everything came out wrong and then the manager came over. He asked what we ordered and my wife explained her allergy and he said I’m sorry we can’t accommodate any of that? So she ordered a sweet potato and asked for unsalted butter they didn’t have that either. So not a very good experience
For the price I would rather try some place new than give it a third try

We went there for the first time a few years ago and really enjoyed the food and service but I can’t remember what I had. They were wonderful with the allergies of my other family members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter