Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Three scents . . .

The wind coming in off the ocean with that salty sea air scent

Anything baking in the oven, savory or sweet

My coconut shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and anti perspirant. I love the scent of coconut and they all leave a nice subtle scent that makes me feel like I am on vacation

Puppy Breath...not that I'm in any mood to care for a puppy right now, but I love the smell.
The trail of perfume and body spray the girls leave behind when they leave the house in the morning.
New car...mine is about 3 years old and has lost it with all of the road trips, but I can still catch a whiff in DH's truck.
Ok, two outta three here. the puppy breath and the new car smell :-)

DD30 and DH each have signature "smells." It's not the smell of perfume or after shave, or even skin cream. Both have their own smell but I can always tell which pillow is DH's, which blankie DD has been using in the living room. It always makes me smile, and brings me comfort.

The smell of onions, peppers, and garlic sauteeing in the kitchen. Love this, it's the comfort smell of home.

Lilacs... they remind me of my mom.

Honorable mention to the smells of Disney, especially the smell in Spaceship Earth at the start of the Dark Ages, when Rome is burning. Also the smell of the orange groves in the original Soarin'.

DD30 and DH each have signature "smells." It's not the smell of perfume or after shave, or even skin cream. Both have their own smell but I can always tell which pillow is DH's, which blankie DD has been using in the living room. It always makes me smile, and brings me comfort.

The smell of onions, peppers, and garlic sauteeing in the kitchen. Love this, it's the comfort smell of home.

Lilacs... they remind me of my mom.

Honorable mention to the smells of Disney, especially the smell in Spaceship Earth at the start of the Dark Ages, when Rome is burning. Also the smell of the orange groves in the original Soarin'.
We have so many the same!

W - winter - no bugs only nice thing about winter but I’m grateful for no bugs

A - apples 🍎 - can’t have apple pie without apples

R - reading I’m grateful I was taught how to read as I enjoy reading so much

S - sunny days - I’m grateful for sunny days especially ones on a beach 🏝️

Happy Star Wars Day and May the 4th be with you all! :darth::chewy::yoda:

I choose GROGU, because I love The Mandalorian series.

G - Gas - As I leave today to move DD20 out of her dorm, I’m very grateful for the gas to get us there. Maybe one day it won’t cost so much again.

R - Rootbeer - I love my Sugar Free A&W Rootbeer every Sunday with my pizza

O - My last names - Both my maiden name and married name start with O.

G. Green - I’m very grateful that everything outside is green again. Winter is over - hooray!

U - Umpires - I’m always grateful for good umpires. Baseball & Softball can’t be played without them. There’s an umpire shortage by me, which is a shame. Parents need to stop berating them the way they do, because people are either quitting umpiring or not getting started umpiring, because they don’t want the abuse from parents.

Happy Saturday friends :grouphug: I'm not a Star Wars fan. Enjoy today extra for that all of you who are :) I wll choose "Star."

S for my Savior Jesus.

T for God's extra blessing to dad and I of today. Right here and now.

A for Sprouts Brand original applesauce.

R for Relatives especially and always my beloved Dad.

As a kid, I loved R2D2 and Chewbacca. I’m not feeling creative enough today for the latter, so I guess I’ll go with the droid 😂

R - Rest! I certainly don’t get enough of it, but I welcome it whenever I can get it.
2 - Two working legs. After the main cancer surgery and the infection, I started to worry about losing one. The leg isn’t the same as it was before all of this, but I’ve still got it and can use it.
D - My Dad. I’m grateful for him on so many levels, but weather events like the storms and flooding going on here right now make me extra grateful that he pursued meteorology and engineering. All that knowledge comes in handy in these events.
2 - Two working eyes. I was throwing batting practice for DD15 last Sunday and I got too close to the screen towards the end. While the screen took some of the impact, I took a line drive to my right eye. I have a nasty cut that bled like a war wound and have a black eye, but it could have been so much worse.

Happiness, sometimes elusive, but when it appears I am so grateful
Albums, still have all my old vinyls and a turntable if I ever feel the need to listen to them
Nuts, grateful for the protein since I very rarely eat meat

Singing, especially with my DGD
Olive oil, a little bit every day keeps my HDL in a great range
Lights, all kinds, Christmas, street, inner, sun, the proverbial lightbulb over our heads, etc.
Omnimover rides at WDW, more appreciated the older I get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter