Sixt?

kenny

DIS Veteran
Any recent experience? Traveling in August and they seem to be the only one with decent rates. Never used them before

Any recent experience? Traveling in August and they seem to be the only one with decent rates. Never used them before
We used them to travel from Miami to Orlando a couple of months ago and were thrilled. The price was literally half of what any other company was charging. The service was great, and the car we got was so nice - the nicest rental car we've ever gotten. I was worried because I'd read some questionable reviews, but we had an excellent experience.

It's popular with Europeans, it's newer here in the US. I have heard both positive and negative reviews. I'd check out online reviews for their Orlando location. I have considered renting from them in the past, but ended up going with a company I had more experience renting from.

I like Sixt and have used them at MCO and SFO. Their checkout process isn't as smooth as one of the larger US companies but the cars are great! I had a BMW convertible for a trip to Napa and that was fire.

Family members of a close friend of mine used Sixt to get from Jupiter, FL to Orlando in April. Their car broke down on the way and they were stranded on the interstate and waiting for help from Sixt for about 6 hours.

To me a car rental is a commodity and you get what you pay for. Some of the cut-rate companies don't have a location at the airport so they have to bus you to some off-site location. Some aren't open 24 hrs so pick-up or drop-off might not work with your flight plans. Some of the no-name brands also want to haggle with you about insurance or any other number of things which I find annoying. Apparently Sixt is well-known in Europe, but fairly recent here in the US. There are already LOTS of known/established brands to choose from so not really sure what they accomplish setting up shop in the USA. Takes time to get setup/organized here and not sure if they have local customer service.

I would suggest using one of the name brands who have an airport location as being the most reliable. The one time we had a mechanical issue with our rental car (was either Avis or National........don't recall), they immediately brought us a new vehicle and hauled the old one away. Not sure that would have been the case with any of those no-name brands.

Used Sixt once, never again. Yes, they have great cars, lots of BMWs. But they tried to charge me for "damages" because a tire had low pressure. In the end they dropped the issues but it caused a lot of unnecessary stress. Google told me this is a very common ploy with them.

Used Sixt once, never again. Yes, they have great cars, lots of BMWs. But they tried to charge me for "damages" because a tire had low pressure. In the end they dropped the issues but it caused a lot of unnecessary stress. Google told me this is a very common ploy with them.
And BMW tires lose pressure ALL THE TIME! Temperature changes, pressure drops.... Crazy they would try and charge you for that, it takes 5 minutes to put more air in the tires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter