Newer WDW restaurant recs!

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We‘ve had a long-standing resort reservation on the books for late Jan/early Feb (split-stay DVC, BWV & VGF) that we weren’t sure we were going to be able to keep. But looks like we’re on, so I’m belatedly booking dining reservations!

We usually get down about once a year and were last there in March of this year. However, would love to hear recommendations for newer restaurants on Disney property. I read about Summer House, so did make a brunch reservation there. Will most certainly eat at Flying Fish, and possibly Narcoosees, both favorites. I believe there’s a newer Japanese restaurant at Epcot but haven’t looked into that and would love more info if anyone is familiar. Am I missing anything else?

Our 30-something son is a great cook and a big foodie, and since it will be a smaller family group this time we’d like to try a few new places.

Many thanks!

They’re not necessarily brand new, but I think Ale & Compass at YC and Steakhouse 71 at CR are both good ones.

They’re not necessarily brand new, but I think Ale & Compass at YC and Steakhouse 71 at CR are both good ones.
Thanks! Ale & Compass is a good suggestion, esp being at BWV. We’ve done Steakhouse 71 twice - one amazing experience, and one not so great. So might pass this time.

One we have discovered and like a lot is a couple years old. If you're at BWV, I'd recommend Amare at Swan Reserve. It's Mediterranean cuisine, and very walkable from BWV. We've eaten there 3 times already, and enjoyed the experience very much. But we enjoy Mediterranean - not sure if your group does or not! But perhaps take a look - it's a great, new option that doesn't require a park ticket!

Thanks, I didn’t realize until this morning that it’s now prix fixe pricing, @ minimum of $150 I think per person. We might have to pass!
Are you asking about Takumi Tei or Shiki Sai? Both are newish (depending on when you last visited) but Shiki Sai is newer and is not a required pre fixe menu (unless the menu has changed since I last dined there a few weeks ago)

One we have discovered and like a lot is a couple years old. If you're at BWV, I'd recommend Amare at Swan Reserve. It's Mediterranean cuisine, and very walkable from BWV. We've eaten there 3 times already, and enjoyed the experience very much. But we enjoy Mediterranean - not sure if your group does or not! But perhaps take a look - it's a great, new option that doesn't require a park ticket!

OK, we’ve been Boardwalk DVC members for 20+ years and I‘ve actually have never heard of this. 😬 So thank you for the tip, and we’ll put it on the list! 😊

(ETA - I didn’t notice you said Swan Reserve, and was thinking Swan. Now I don’t feel so badly about being unfamiliar with it)

Last edited:
Are you asking about Takumi Tei or Shiki Sai? Both are newish (depending on when you last visited) but Shiki Sai is newer and is not a required pre fixe menu (unless the menu has changed since I last dined there a few weeks ago)

Well clearly I don’t know what I’m referring to! 😂 I had heard there was a new Japanese restaurant so thought it was Takumi Tei. But it must have been Shiki Sai I had read about and appreciate the clarification. Will check it out!

Takumi Tei is a new restaurant in Japan at EPCOT - very high-end. Looks amazing, but quite expensive. Seems a little odd to us for a theme park restaurant, but guess we'll see how it works out for them.

Shiki-Sai is also new, as it replaced the former Tokyo Dining in Japan. Shiki-Sai has many great options, but is very sushi oriented. We will eat there for the first time next trip, but it seems similar to Tokyo Dining, but yet a little different!

Takumi Tei is a new restaurant in Japan at EPCOT - very high-end. Looks amazing, but quite expensive. Seems a little odd to us for a theme park restaurant, but guess we'll see how it works out for them.

Shiki-Sai is also new, as it replaced the former Tokyo Dining in Japan. Shiki-Sai has many great options, but is very sushi oriented. We will eat there for the first time next trip, but it seems similar to Tokyo Dining, but yet a little different!
I agree. Except I wouldn't over-emphasize the sushi. there is plenty of it on the menu, but they also serve sashimi, don bowls, noodle bowls, and izakaya. I thought it was pretty good and a step above Tokyo Dining (which I also liked)

I agree. Except I wouldn't over-emphasize the sushi. there is plenty of it on the menu, but they also serve sashimi, don bowls, noodle bowls, and izakaya. I thought it was pretty good and a step above Tokyo Dining (which I also liked)
Agree, we also enjoyed Tokyo Dining and we also look forward to some of the non-sushi options at Shiki-Sai. But from what I see of the new menu, 1/3-1/2 of it is made up of sushi/roll/raw options (which I also like)! Glad to hear you liked it - we get there in about 3 weeks!

I went to Shiki Sai last month for my sister's birthday and really enjoyed it. The restaurant is on the quieter side which we appreciated. It is IMO overpriced (that might just be because I ate food like this in Japan for WAY cheaper) but everything I ordered was delicious.

We plan on going back for our Memorial day weekend trip.

Thanks everyone for the Shiki Sai info. We have made a reservation and look forward to trying it!

Agree, we also enjoyed Tokyo Dining and we also look forward to some of the non-sushi options at Shiki-Sai. But from what I see of the new menu, 1/3-1/2 of it is made up of sushi/roll/raw options (which I also like)! Glad to hear you liked it - we get there in about 3 weeks!
You know, just looking at the menu on the WDW website, it does feel that way. But the menu in the restaurant is lidi out in a way that makes it feel like there is not a particular emphasis on sushi. Probably because there are a lot of pictures and descriptions of the non-sushi items. Plus, when I talked to server at length about different things I was looking for, she recommended many options other than sushi. Anywho, it has plenty of good food options. Just talking about it makes me want to go back!

You know, just looking at the menu on the WDW website, it does feel that way. But the menu in the restaurant is lidi out in a way that makes it feel like there is not a particular emphasis on sushi. Probably because there are a lot of pictures and descriptions of the non-sushi items. Plus, when I talked to server at length about different things I was looking for, she recommended many options other than sushi. Anywho, it has plenty of good food options. Just talking about it makes me want to go back!
My family members love sushi, but I do not. After reading a few reviews I think there are plenty of things I will enjoy!

This is more QS than TS, but the new Eet by Manet Chatham at Disney Springs is good for Indian food. If you've eaten at Satul'i Canteen at AK and liked it, you'll love this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter