Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

OK, it has been a long time since I subscribed to the old thread that I don't remember how to get notified of new posts,
can anyone help remind me?

Scooters and busses: What's the best bet for getting on the first bus with a scooter - especially in busy times? During very busy times, will they dispatch multiple busses so that every single bus does not stop at the first stop to pick up whoever is in line? Hope that makes sense. We'll be there for the 50th and read that a lot of people from Tower walk to Casitas stop. Thinking maybe we should book Ranchos? Overthinking as usual but the scooter is a new wrinkle in the planning.

What's the best bet for getting on the first bus with a scooter - especially in busy times?
There really isn't a way to do this. They are first come, first served. All you can do is get there early and hope for the best.

What room would you pick here and why. A preferred room or a tower water view?

There is not a lot of price difference.

Thanks.

Great new thread. Thank you! Nothing beats CSR for beautiful grounds, great CMs, terrific dining options and an amazing pool. Did I mention the margaritas??!!?? Yeah, them!
The frozen Margaritas are amazing.

Great timing, so is the Laguna Bar open now? I thought it was still closed. This is my husband and I favorite place to relax at the resort. looks like there are hours posted that they are open.
:drinking1

There really isn't a way to do this. They are first come, first served. All you can do is get there early and hope for the best.
Thanks! I was hoping someone who had experience with how the busses feed into the resort for early morning pickup could help. If every bus stops at Casitas first, then being first in line at Ranchos with a scooter may not get me on a bus until virtually everyone feeding into the Casitas bus stop have been picked up, and one arrives at Ranchos with enough space for the scooter. If that's the case, then everyone would be trekking over to Casitas.

If every bus stops at Casitas first, then being first in line at Ranchos with a scooter may not get me on a bus until virtually everyone feeding into the Casitas bus stop have been picked up
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about that. Hopefully somebody has experience in the bus pickup order.

Thanks! I was hoping someone who had experience with how the busses feed into the resort for early morning pickup could help. If every bus stops at Casitas first, then being first in line at Ranchos with a scooter may not get me on a bus until virtually everyone feeding into the Casitas bus stop have been picked up, and one arrives at Ranchos with enough space for the scooter. If that's the case, then everyone would be trekking over to Casitas.
That's a very good point. I hadn't thought about that. Hopefully somebody has experience in the bus pickup order.

Casitas is the first stop for all parks, then it goes in the circle until Gran Destino which is the last stop. For Disney Springs - Gran Destino is first stop.

I have not read any reports of it being different order at different times. All I've ever read that was handled differently was if Gran Destino kept getting passed up with full buses, the CMs would finally send their own bus.

I think if you are going at a crowded time (opening), maybe if you can, go to Casitas and wait there? We might. (staying in Gran Destino)

Darn, didn’t realize Maya was closed M-W. Wish I’d realized that before I decided the menu looked good 😆

Yeah, Laguna Bar has been open for a few months now (can’t recall exactly). Has slowly crept to Wed-Sunday currently, closed Mon and Tues.
Works for me, we arrive late Tues and leave Sunday, so plenty of time to stop for a refreshing drink by the lake.

Darn, didn’t realize Maya was closed M-W. Wish I’d realized that before I decided the menu looked good 😆
I didn't realize that either. Did they announce that and I missed it? And...wondering about Toledo...are they on a reduced days schedule as well??

Toledo is closed Monday and Tuesday. A handful of the signatures and other restaurants they’ve opened recently are only open 5 nights a week - Toledo, Citricos, Yachstman, probably some more I’m not thinking about.

Don’t think they announced it. I figured it out when I tried to make an ADR.
Ugh. Gotcha. That may crimp my being able to do both. Blah! No one like you, COVID!!!!
Toledo is closed Monday and Tuesday. A handful of the signatures and other restaurants they’ve opened recently are only open 5 nights a week - Toledo, Citricos, Yachstman, probably some more I’m not thinking about.
Thank you. It's just so much easier to plan when I know what's going on.....which, admittedly, is rare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter