ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Details needed
It was apparently a https://*******.com (site address blocked by filter) contract that was confirmed on that site's Facebook page by the broker. I can't say who it was, but I think simply saying it was actually confirmed by one of the larger players in the market should be safe. At least I can confirm it wasn't a rumor.

It was apparently a https://*******.com (site address blocked by filter) contract that was confirmed on that site's Facebook page by the broker. I can't say who it was, but I think simply saying it was actually confirmed by one of the larger players in the market should be safe. At least I can confirm it wasn't a rumor.
I have always been surprised they didn’t ROFR up all of the non-Intl seller Subsidized contracts

Did they post any details on the contract? Subsidized? Crazy low price? So strange why they would ROFR Aulani.

Called it months ago. ROFR would make an appearance to scare the market, no rhyme nor reason, and then fizzle away. Let the panic buying ensue.

I’ll hold out for the DVC point glut 7-8 months out.

Called it months ago. ROFR would make an appearance to scare the market, no rhyme nor reason, and then fizzle away. Let the panic buying ensue.

I’ll hold out for the DVC point glut 7-8 months out.
In general I agree with you that DVC is overpriced... however, I think in this case the rhyme and reason is pretty clear:

OKW - DVC has so much strategic interest to reacquire nearly all of these contracts. Add in great sales right now where they can double their money on these ROFR prices and it makes sense...

Poly - new tower coming and they want to prop up prices/discourage resale

VGF - trying to build up points here plus it is a nice "check" on the poly tower which could arguably have been called VGF3....

In general I agree with you that DVC is overpriced... however, I think in this case the rhyme and reason is pretty clear:

OKW - DVC has so much strategic interest to reacquire nearly all of these contracts. Add in great sales right now where they can double their money on these ROFR prices and it makes sense...

Poly - new tower coming and they want to prop up prices/discourage resale

VGF - trying to build up points here plus it is a nice "check" on the poly tower which could arguably have been called VGF3....
Are things really “overpriced” or have we not accepted that there was a lot of inflation over the last 4 years that will not be going back down?

We’ll know more in 10 years…

Are things really “overpriced” or have we not accepted that there was a lot of inflation over the last 4 years that will not be going back down?

We’ll know more in 10 years…
I was also wondering if $239 direct is even that high in real dollars compared with whatever list price was in 2019, but was worried I might get run off this thread with a pitchfork for asking.

I was also wondering if $239 direct is even that high in real dollars compared with whatever list price was in 2019, but was worried I might get run off this thread with a pitchfork for asking.
I’m sure it’s poor form to reply to your own post but I looked it up after @Genie+ helpfully provided pricing data from 2019, and it turns out that prevailing DVC “sticker” prices on Jan 2019 would be exactly $225 today (edit to add— adjusted for inflation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter