Rejected Offers Thread

I feel like this is some brokers’ favorite thing to say. I can only speak for myself and it’s not worth much but I’m honest on this thread and the ROFR thread. I am highly doubtful there are many lying though it’s possible. That said, some people have posted the county prices of actual sales in the past and the deals tend to have a pretty wide range. I’m rambling a bit but basically I think this is unprofessional and I suspect inaccurate from a broker. I feel like what I’ve learned is, the number that makes sense for any buyer/seller duo can be widely variable and (within reason) you should wait to find a seller that agrees to a number that is right for you.
While I do think 90%+ of people on here are honest, it has been reported in the past by users who check the recorded deeds, that there have been some really good deals posted here that never showed up in any reported deeds. So people have lied before, but yes, it's probably a very tiny subsection of posters.

While I do think 90%+ of people on here are honest, it has been reported in the past by users who check the recorded deeds, that there have been some really good deals posted here that never showed up in any reported deeds. So people have lied before, but yes, it's probably a very tiny subsection of posters.
This is my feeling too. There probably are some dishonest people but it is uncommon.

Totally valid point. Also valid is that a purchase must make sense. I am not begrudgingly the sellers, that is their money. I am in charge of my money and that is the price point that makes sense to me.
I think this is what we’re seeing with a few different resorts—the sellers (fairly) value their points at a higher price point than where many buyers (also fairly) assess it makes sense for them. A person who has and continues to fly to Hawaii at least once a year will get much better value out of AUL points than someone buying them as “cheap” SAP who might not visit AUL more than once every 5 years. I think with BLT and CCV were routinely over 140, AUL was a better SAP deal even at 115-120, but probably a lot of those buyers are now taking bites at BLT or CCV. Similarly, I know I’d use VGC every year but can’t reliably predict dates 8-11m (sometimes even 3m!) in advance, so I can’t justify paying much more than $200/pt— even though I completely understand why a seller doesn’t want to sell below $250.

My post was more about trying to tell this online community that this place feels very different than others I have tried. I have not felt envy or jealousy for anyone here that has negotiated a good deal. I feel happiness for them.

All of this can be true at the same time. I will continue to look for my deals. People that own points can choose there own selling price. And we can have the degenerates like me believe they have some comradery on this forum.
I think many of us feel this way—we can root for others to get the best price and dodge the ROFR monster. I really shouldn’t be buying any more points but I can be happy for others getting great deals. Sometimes I wince seeing somebody get a loaded AUL contract for about half of what I paid—but the truth is that other people getting good deals now doesn’t impact us owners unless we are actively looking to sell. To take it a step further, I’d rather that my fellow AUL owners who want out at $80-100/pt get out now as opposed to having them all unload at once in the next economic downturn. ::thinking positively intensifies::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter