May 2024 WISH Thread

Topic Tuesday: podcasts, vlogs, blogs what is speaking to you lately? Who makes you think? Makes you want to exercise? Makes you laugh?

Good morning! I'm very interested in this. I really don't do much in the way of these, but really want to. I know there are so many great ones out there.

Right now, I just watch La Lido Loca (cruise related youtuber) while I eat my lunch at my desk at work. I have a few others favorited - the ones related to healthy living are Zach Coen (he shows food videos that are high in protein with lower calories) and Frugal Fit Mom. I also watch style with Cathy sometimes. She talks about dressing to fit your body shape aimed at women over 50.

I used to listed to We Only Look Thin while I ate, but found that I really like having the video with it at my desk. My mind wanders too much while I'm just sitting there otherwise.

A few days ago, I tried going to our local park after I ate and walk for the rest of my lunch hour. I would love to find something to listen to during that time.

Topic Tuesday: podcasts, vlogs, blogs...
I have a lot of YouTube pages bookmarked for when I walk on the treadmill (and am not binging a streaming series) and I kind of go through phases with them. Lately, It's Super Carlin Brothers (Harry Potter theory and quizzes).

And these are my top two podcasts on Spotify right now:

IMG_1574.jpeg

Nothing is directly on the subject of health, but it all keeps the boredom away when I exercise or do chores, so it contributes in that way.

I follow Living by Disney and Mammoth Club for my Disney fix. I've utilized YouTube videos from different people, currently it is Fabulous 50s. I haven't gotten into podcasts but keep hearing about good ones that sound interesting, I should try having them on in the house instead of the tv, since I'm usually moving around doing things or knitting and not looking at the screen most of the time.

Last edited:
I like to have podcasts going in the background recently been into Mayim Baialik’s breakdown as far as thought provoking and get fit with Rick for some quick hit workouts in addition to good old Blogilates (love that she is getting some extra recognition thanks to Taylor Swift). Stuff to make me laugh Kathleen Madigan’s pubcast is a good one, she is one of my fave comics and the outcast helped me zone out during rough times over the last few years.

This isn't going to sound like a woohoo, but bear with me.

Part 1: Monday evening when my Neice went over to feed the cats she lost the keys to the house. I don't free feed any longer because Ester is on a diet, so they only had enough food to get thru Tuesday. Neice said she would try to crawl thru a window (there are a couple where the latch isn't latched), but I thought I should come home Wednesday evening either way... so woohoo... I'm headed home after work today and will take tomorrow's mtgs virtually, which means I'll be able to make it to the last pottery class tonight.
Part2: When my Neice was trying to get in the bedroom window she aggravated the bumble bees that are nesting in a one-inch hole in the house siding below it. I had just noticed them over the weekend and was going to call the rental service to have a bee person come out and was worried they'd send an exterminator instead. In talking to said Niece, bumbles only make enough comb and honey for themselves, can't/won't be moved but will move on themselves at the end of the season. So, no need to call.

So, in recap: woohoo I get to go home a day early; Neice did get into the house so cats have food for breakfast and will get a nice dinner tonight; bumbles and I get to hang out together this summer enjoying the garden.

Oh, and p.s., I'm pretty sure I put a spare key in the shed, but need to double check and put it closer to the shed door so it is easier to get to

Hello Everyone and Happy Wednesday!!!

I would say my “vision board” is my fitness pal app-shows me the good and bad each day-LOL! It usually does motivate me though!

I watch/listen to YouTube on my phone while I work-but not workout lol. I do like be our guest podcast and as @Oneanne mentioned Mammoth Club on YouTube is great. Paging Mr.Marrow is my favorite YouTuber and Wright Down Mainstreet is good as well!

Whoooohoooo Wednesday…I think the sun will come out tomorrow!!! It rained all day today…even when the sun was out, it rained. The dogs got no walks today and it shows (as they all roll around on the sofa rough housing…🙄)

@piglet1979 let us know how the MRI and preventative adjustment goes.

@Summer2018 so glad you got to visit your brother 🙏🏼 please keep us posted

On the way home from an appointment yesterday THANK U by Alanis Morrisette came on Spotify. As I quietly sang the lyrics I remembered it occurred to me how different the song hits at this point in my life compared to my teen years. And how things that you would never think you were thankful for, including the negatives and trials can be some of the greatest teachers of lessons and sources of inspiration. I am grateful for all the dips and cracks that have lead me to where I am and all the lessons I have learned through difficult times…the strength of will they have given me and the perseverance they have taught me.

How 'bout getting off of these antibiotics?
How 'bout stopping eating when I'm full up?
How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?
How 'bout that ever elusive kudo?
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
Thank you thank you silence
How 'bout me not blaming you for everything?
How 'bout me enjoying the moment for once?
How 'bout how good it feels to finally forgive you?
How 'bout grieving it all one at a time?
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
The moment I let go of it was the moment
I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it
Was the moment I touched down
How 'bout no longer being masochistic?
How 'bout remembering your divinity?
How 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
How 'bout not equating death with stopping?
Thank you India
Thank you providence
Thank you nothingness
Thank you clarity
Thank you, thank you silence
Yeah, yeah
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

On the way home from an appointment yesterday THANK U by Alanis Morrisette came on Spotify. As I quietly sang the lyrics I remembered it occurred to me how different the song hits at this point in my life compared to my teen years. And how things that you would never think you were thankful for, including the negatives and trials can be some of the greatest teachers of lessons and sources of inspiration. I am grateful for all the dips and cracks that have lead me to where I am and all the lessons I have learned through difficult times…the strength of will they have given me and the perseverance they have taught me.

How 'bout getting off of these antibiotics?
How 'bout stopping eating when I'm full up?
How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots?
How 'bout that ever elusive kudo?
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
How 'bout me not blaming you for everything?
How 'bout me enjoying the moment for once?
How 'bout how good it feels to finally forgive you?
How 'bout grieving it all one at a time?
Thank you India
Thank you terror
Thank you frailty
Thank you consequence
The moment I let go of it was the moment
I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it
Was the moment I touched down
How 'bout no longer being masochistic?
How 'bout remembering your divinity?
How 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out?
How 'bout not equating death with stopping?
Thank you India
Thank you providence
Thank you nothingness
Thank you clarity
Thank you, thank you silence
Yeah, yeah
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
The first time I heard anything from Jagged Little Pill was on the car radio when I was back in Seattle taking care of some Mother stuff. I was mesmerized and just couldn't get enough. I bought the CD and played it non-stop for quite a while... kind of like what I'm doing with T Swift right now!

I am thankful getting out of the city was so easy yesterday. Midday realized the Mariners were having a day game which could very likely get out around the time I would be leaving the office, and the ballpark and ferry terminal are very close together. The game wrapped an hour before I would be heading out and I was able to get to the dock early enough that I got on the boat before the one I was aiming for.

I am thankful to now have four days at home before I have to go back into the city Tuesday morning.

And I'm thankful that while there are things to be done this weekend, it won't be the mad rush that last weekend was.

I don't have a ton going on - tonight DH and I are going to go see IF at the theater. It might seem funny going without kids, but I love those kind of movies and I love Ryan Reynolds too! He seems like such a fun guy!

Tomorrow I'm going to my niece's boyfriend's graduation party for a little bit in the afternoon and then getting ready for our church's graduation breakfast. My mom, sister and I host it each year, so we'll just get the tables ready and food prepped as much as possible Saturday night.

Hi everyone. It has been a busy few days. I am going to tie my woohoo and thankful Thursday in one this week.

DD had her MRI yesterday and we already got the results. I am woooing and thankful that it was normal though part of me wanted it to show something to have an answer. I am also very thankful for her neurologist. We have been in constant connection through the portal. She is on a maintenance med but we started with a low dose. She did a week on 7.5mg, then Monday went to 25mg and today will go up to 37.5mg. It takes time for it to work and get to the right dosage. The ER on Monday prescribed a med that seems to working better then the others. The headache gets much better but she still has the side affect of the headache. She described he legs feel heavy but feels like she is walking on clouds.

I am also woohoo that DS is now down with school. Today is his last day. I am excited and sad at the same time. He has decided to live at home and go to the college in town so he is does not have a lot of debt. He is also excited about it now as well. He also received a local scholarship for $1000. We found out last night.

Things are much calmer in our house right now and their is so much less stress from all of us.

For the weekend it will all be about DS. Prom is tomorrow and I am helping with after Prom. Then on Sunday he will have the last part of his senior pictures. He had them over the summer last year but I wanted ones in his cap and gown too so those will be Sunday.

Our all-day meetings concluded yesterday, so today is catch up day for all the bits and pieces that have been neglected.

I'm keeping this weekend as unstructured as possible, but I do need to get more of the dahlia bed ready and there is a lot of other yard clean-up to do as well. And I may finally paint the bedroom? It feels so unfinished to me, like an afterthought, so I really want to go after the decorating in there and painting seems like the best place to start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter