**June 2024 Check-in**

Yes this is correct. All the front section by the railings which is where the dining packages are sit on the ground. The CM's use tape and mark out 3 large rectangle areas on the ground and have rope off the sections. Before the viewing areas open, there are 3 separate lines that people wait in. The grab and go which used to be Hungry Bear and Blue Bayou dining package people line up at the Haunted Mansion side, the Riverbelle dining package people line up near Rverbelle Restaurant. When the CM's open the viewing areas, they walk the lines through the roped sections and into the viewing areas. Blue Bayo gets walked in first as its the middle section. The grab and go which used to be Hungry Bear line.

Everyone in the viewing sections has to sit on the ground. Before the show you can stand but once the lights go down, everyone has to sit. In the before times, before the shutdown, Blue Bayou used to get foam cushions to sit on. But they didnt bring that back when the parks reopened. I have 3 of them.

The viewing areas are on a slight incline, and some people bring the Blue Bayou foam cushions they got in the before times, some people bring blankets, some people just sit straight on the ground.

In 2022, there was a chair section behind the Blue Bayou / grab and go Hungry Bear section which was reserved for the VIP / Plaid tours.

The standby section was behind those chairs. Everyone behind the chair section had to stand.
Thank you so much for this information! I made a quick reservation for Blue Bayou because everyone else was making them.:) (FOMO!) I am a total newbie to DL and had no idea what to expect. I was busy researching WOC and neglected Fantasmic. Thanks again for the help!!🥰

Thank you both! Fantasmic is my favorite show at WDW and I was disappointed the fire last year prevented me from seeing it then. I've always heard DL's version is better! I went a little crazy with my dining reservations and will be cancelling some later. I am waiting to see what other options may be available and see updates for what is included in each from those who go first. Fantasmic starts 2 weeks before I leave, so I have time!

June 25 - July 7 mostly using our WorldMark credits. First 7 nights in a one bedroom at Dolphin's Cove, then move to a one bedroom at WorldMark Anaheim for 3 nights. This will be our first time using our WorldMark contract to stay in Anaheim. We are fine staying off site as I grew up in the South Bay and every trip to Disneyland for most of my life involved "staying offsite".

Doesn't mean I'm not super excited that the final two nights will be a studio at the Grand Cal using our resale DVC points.

The rest of the Fantasmic Dining Packages were released yesterday. So I cancelled the Blue Bayou and instead booked the new Rancho del Zocalo dining package. The menu says Mexican Korean which sounds interesting. I also switched to Friday 28 June which was the day I originally wanted.

We had two of our days last trip that were Grad Nites. We stayed at The Anaheim Hotel which is right across the street from the entrance for Grad Nite (behind Guardians). The crowds were actually pretty low our entire trip (it was the first week in June), it was just the type of crowd that was annoying. Giant packs of teens. Everywhere 😂 Most were fine but the ones who weren't...they stood out. I teach 2nd grade and it was like a lot of huge 2nd graders had been let loose. So just be aware! I would start at DCA on Grad Nites because you will want to clear out closer to their party start. The groups that have hoppers can/will stay in DL under midnight and then hop to DCA for the rest of their party. But most of the grads seemed to arrive midday. There weren't really at groups rope drop. The crowds only picked up in the evening closer to party time. I was worried about it but it didn't really change much!
Redlands senior high had their grad night in 1976 at Disneyland. Girls were to wear “nice pant suits.” Boys were to wear leisure suits or shirts tucked in with a belt. Ties optional. They closed Monsanto journey into the eye of the atom so there would be no hanky-panky. Verbal instructions on behavior before they loaded us into the busses. There was a designated detention bus for anyone removed from the park for line cutting, swearing, running , hanky-panky or other bad behavior. Drinking or drugs, Anaheim police called. We had over 700 in our graduating class, and the audience was told, if there are even 2 claps for each grad, it will double the time for the ceremony, and they will miss grad night. I don’t recall any problems at grad nite, lol. We were well-behaved, well-dressed second-graders.

Redlands senior high had their grad night in 1976 at Disneyland. Girls were to wear “nice pant suits.” Boys were to wear leisure suits or shirts tucked in with a belt. Ties optional. They closed Monsanto journey into the eye of the atom so there would be no hanky-panky. Verbal instructions on behavior before they loaded us into the busses. There was a designated detention bus for anyone removed from the park for line cutting, swearing, running , hanky-panky or other bad behavior. Drinking or drugs, Anaheim police called. We had over 700 in our graduating class, and the audience was told, if there are even 2 claps for each grad, it will double the time for the ceremony, and they will miss grad night. I don’t recall any problems at grad nite, lol. We were well-behaved, well-dressed second-graders.
I love this story/description! My parents went to grad night at DL in 1974 (see pic below). My Mom said the same thing about attire...girls were in a dress or a pant suit (my Mom chose a pant suit). My Dad was in a full on suit that I suspect he borrowed from one of my uncles since the tie is comically short 🤣

You don't know how many times I heard the story about how they just had to sit and take in the atmosphere because they ran out of ride tickets...and money! They said that was one of their favorite parts though, just sitting together and taking in the sights and sounds of Disneyland. They still love going to this day (well, my Mom a bit more than my Dad). I'm actually taking my Mom for her birthday next year! So excited for that. Lol anyway, sorry for the derailment, but I had to share

1000000814.png

Haha I love that! I was an attendee of the 2007 Grad Nite party at WDW (RIP) and there were no nice pants suits for us. But I really feel like we were not that wild compared to the grads I saw last year. They weren't all crazy. Maybe it was because we drove from out of state (North Carolina) and a lot of us hadn't been before. But it was the best time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter