Holidays

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
So. Should I take a two-day vacation in London, seeing a show or two in a few month's time and push back my date to go to WDW by a month, or should I save up for Orlando?

OMG, London over WDW. I know, I know, this is a Disney board, and the parks are super fun. I'd pick a trip elsewhere if I had the choice.

So. Should I take a two-day vacation in London, seeing a show or two in a few month's time and push back my date to go to WDW by a month, or should I save up for Orlando?
Well, it depends on how important the short London trip is to you. If you are going because you want to see specific shows that may not be around later, I would choose London. However, IIRC it seems like you have already pushed back the WDW trip at least once during the planning stages, so if London can wait, I would go ahead with your Disney trip as scheduled. Since you live in the UK, London is easy to get to once you return.

I can understand that you may have a lot of people on these boards telling you to go to London, because for us it’s a big deal and a rare occurrence. We can’t just hop on a train and be in the city in a few hours like you can. So you need to think about which is more important to you, and then move forward.

Last edited:
Well, it depends on how important the short London trip is to you. If you are going because you want to see specific shows that may not be around later, I would choose London. However, IIRC it seems like you have already pushed back the WDW trip at least once during the planning stages, so if London can wait, I would go ahead with your Disney trip as scheduled. Since you live in the UK, London is easy to get to once you return.

I can understand that you may have a lot of people on these boards telling you to go to London, because for it’s a big deal and a rare occurrence. We can’t just hop on a train and be in the city in a few hours like you can. So you need to think about which is more important to you, and then move forward.
I thought more people would suggest WDW over a city trip on this board. I am not in a Disney phase right now, so a city vacation, a national park, a beach, or the lake would all be a higher priority right now. The Disney Love might come back, though! :)

I'm itching to get away. If I do London, it would only push Orlando back by four weeks. I could see a show such as The Lion King, retire to my hotel, have room service (ice cream sundae FTW!) then sleep in the next day. Heck, I could repeat the same trick the next day and see another show I'm itching to see!

When are you going to WDW? You had plans to go between December '24 and February '25.
If you have an itch to go to London now, just do it. You still have plenty of time to save up money for your WDW vacation.

Is WDW already booked, and you'd have to actually call and change things, or are you just in the "saving up and researching options" stage?

And I would consider what the month push does your WDW plans in terms of weather, holiday decor, festivals, etc.

When are you going to WDW? You had plans to go between December '24 and February '25.
If you have an itch to go to London now, just do it. You still have plenty of time to save up money for your WDW vacation.
The current plan is February '25, but I don't mind waiting until March

Is WDW already booked, and you'd have to actually call and change things, or are you just in the "saving up and researching options" stage?

And I would consider what the month push does your WDW plans in terms of weather, holiday decor, festivals, etc.
Nothing booked yet, still planning.

Back when I worked with several Formula 1 teams (based near London), I loved staying in London near Victoria Station and seeing the shows. But it was a multi-week trip each time due to distance, etc.

To me, Orlando does have a lot more entertainment if that's your bag. I guess the question I would have is how much longer of an experience do you get in Orlando/WDW if you save.

Keep in mind March = Spring Break and you could (probably?) get extra crowds in the park that you wouldn't have in February (as long as you avoid Presidents Day weekend).

I agree w/PP. How important is it that you see the shows in London?

When exactly is Spring Break? Sounds one to be avoided.
Colleges are generally in March and lower schools (K-12) in April. Each school will usually get a week off, but not every school is off at the same time.

ETA: I would think April would be worse than March, but March would still be worse than February.

When exactly is Spring Break? Sounds one to be avoided.
Spring break typically starts near the beginning of March and lasts until a week or two after Easter, whenever that happens to fall in the calendar (April 20th next year). It is more crowded, and one of the more expensive times to visit. To be honest, if you decide not to go in February, I would aim for at least a week after Easter through the middle of May. It will be hot, like summer, by then, but the prices and crowds should be much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter