This is a very long standing policy at the parks any time guests are backstage, whether it’s for an evacuation or on a tour. It could have been a newer CM that didn’t tell you, but regardless you were not supposed to do that. CMs can get into a lot of trouble if it was discovered that a guest took photos of backstage areas and they didn’t catch it or say anything. In the socmed age it’s very easy for that photo you innocently share with someone in private to end up online. And we know Disney monitors forums and socmed platforms.
If the CM did not say that taking photos is not allowed and there are no signs that explicitly state that, then it is allowed, simple as that. If the CM is new and not trained well for this, then it's Disney's problem not the guest.

Yup, I went to front desk and asked about it but was told they couldn’t move us until the following day and we were too exhausted to repack and unpack. They offered nothing else.
Ridiculous. You shouldn't have needed to move at all to accommodate a badly behaved pet, period. I know you won't get anything but I would consider writing Disney to put a bit of pressure on the hotel. That resolution was easy for the CM but not appropriate for you and was not even in line with their pet policies. link to write Disney if you're interested.

I'm here now and will say that the pools have been PACKED at both resorts I've stayed at (BLT and currently at Coronado). Yesterday at BLT people had to put their stuff on the ground or against the wall of the pool bar due to no chairs left. The heat is making more people incorporate pool time into their trips, me included.

Also I know BLT is getting a refurb soon but the room at Coronado is actually nicer. The door leading to the shower almost fell off at BLT. Also the kitchenette sink does not drain (yes, I did inform housekeeping about it when they came by).

If the CM did not say that taking photos is not allowed and there are no signs that explicitly state that, then it is allowed, simple as that. If the CM is new and not trained well for this, then it's Disney's problem not the guest.
Yeah the other day I had to be evacuated from Pooh and not once did a CM tell people not to take photos. Granted we didn't walk through a backstage area but people were taking photos of the ride when the lights were on and we were walking along the track.

Screenshot_20240528_132908_Google.jpg
Disney can't do much if a guest chooses to be blind, deaf, or illiterate.

Kylenne already mentioned that a fellow human, a CM, can get into big trouble if backstage pictures are seen on social media, yet we are still pursuing this. Why?

View attachment 863900
Disney can't do much if a guest chooses to be blind, deaf, or illiterate.

Kylenne already mentioned that a fellow human, a CM, can get into big trouble if backstage pictures are seen on social media, yet we are still pursuing this. Why?
It sounds like you did not read what I had mentioned? I did say IF and IF etc.
I was never in those backstage areas except once on rise, and there were no signs whatsoever like the one you posted here that were visible, and the CM had not said anything.. so not sure if blind, deaf, or illiterate have anything to do with guests who simply don't know the rules. not everyone reads those boards before their trip to know if it's allowed or not.
anyway, way off topic of this thread ..

It sounds like you did not read what I had mentioned? I did say IF and IF etc.
I was never in those backstage areas except once on rise, and there were no signs whatsoever like the one you posted here that were visible, and the CM had not said anything.. so not sure if blind, deaf, or illiterate have anything to do with guests who simply don't know the rules. not everyone reads those boards before their trip to know if it's allowed or not.
anyway, way off topic of this thread ..
Yeah I was backstage at Rise as well..and really wanted to snap a pic of the First Order troops having their lunch across from the Resistance in the break room but decided against it...still was pretty funny to see,

On my last trip while we were on the People Mover as we were riding through the Space Mountain section it was definitely down. I know there are tons of pictures/videos of Space Mountain with lights on...pretty incredible though how much metal in that little building..makes you wonder how in the world someone as tall as me hasn't been decapitated on that ride.

Yeah I was backstage at Rise as well..and really wanted to snap a pic of the First Order troops having their lunch across from the Resistance in the break room but decided against it...still was pretty funny to see,
i was evacuated more towards the end of the ride, so did not see a lot. anyway not really arguing whether one should do this or not, just that not everyone actually knows it's not allowed, and if no one says anything, then cannot blame a guest for snapping a pic or 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter