Grand Californian Super Thread

If you're going to use the in-room coffee maker, you can buy something at Starbucks and ask for an empty cup and bring back some half-and-half for later if you're going back to the room. I mean, obviously you can get your coffee there, too, but it's nice to have some cream for the times when you want to use the room machine.
Yep, a cup of cream is probably a good idea for the fridge. ;)

Anyone had luck recently requesting a room with a king bed?
We request a king with pull out chair and day bed every time we stay (several times per year). We get the King about 30%of the time. In the last year, we have twice reserved 2 rooms on one stay. I requested the king room for one room and a 2 queen room for the other room (and I requested connecting rooms if possible). On both of those trips, we got exactly that configuration. It leads me to believe that maybe they hold the kings back a little for those that need connecting rooms? Also I have heard they hold the kings for folks who are there for conferences. Not sure if either of those are true. I do think the number of King rooms is quite low compared to 2 queens at GCH.

We request a king with pull out chair and day bed every time we stay (several times per year). We get the King about 30%of the time. In the last year, we have twice reserved 2 rooms on one stay. I requested the king room for one room and a 2 queen room for the other room (and I requested connecting rooms if possible). On both of those trips, we got exactly that configuration. It leads me to believe that maybe they hold the kings back a little for those that need connecting rooms? Also I have heard they hold the kings for folks who are there for conferences. Not sure if either of those are true. I do think the number of King rooms is quite low compared to 2 queens at GCH.
I am wondering about the queens with a 5th sleeper. I requested this and the person on the phone seemed to imply there are not that many, yet every youtube video I watch with two queens has the 5th sleeper.

Does anyone have experience to share on getting these?

I am wondering about the queens with a 5th sleeper. I requested this and the person on the phone seemed to imply there are not that many, yet every youtube video I watch with two queens has the 5th sleeper.

Does anyone have experience to share on getting these?
I wonder if these are mostly used for the suites? To increase possible occupancy as much as possible? We just returned from the trip of a lifetime (thanks Mom) and had a 3 BR suite; 2 of the 3 BRs had 2Q and a sleeper sofa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter