Fantasmic Thread!

I just booked a regular dining package for the first show of Fantasmic. We're having brunch at the River Belle Terrace. I'd really like to get good seats, and I don't mind waiting. Is it necessary to get there early to get a good spot? When do they allow us to enter the viewing area? Are there multiple viewing areas, and if so, is one preferable to another? Also, I read that people sit on the ground, which is fine with us. Do people stand when the show starts?

I just booked a regular dining package for the first show of Fantasmic. We're having brunch at the River Belle Terrace. I'd really like to get good seats, and I don't mind waiting. Is it necessary to get there early to get a good spot? When do they allow us to enter the viewing area? Are there multiple viewing areas, and if so, is one preferable to another? Also, I read that people sit on the ground, which is fine with us. Do people stand when the show starts?

The front section , by the railing at the water is divided into 3 sections. Blue Bayou dining package viewing section is in the middle. Riverbelle dining package is to the right of Blue Bayou dining package viewing section, as you look at Tom Sawyer Island.

The first Fantasmic show is at 9.00pm. They will open the viewing sections at 8pm. People start waiting in line at about 7pm. The entrance to your viewing section will be somewhere near Riverbelle Restaurant.

There are no seats. Its just a big taped out rectangle on the ground. The ground has a gentle slope and basically everyone in the viewing section will have a good view. I personally like being at the front near the railings, others prefer being a bit back from the railings.

Everyone sits on the ground during the show. No one is allowed to stand in the viewing sections.

The front section , by the railing at the water is divided into 3 sections. Blue Bayou dining package viewing section is in the middle. Riverbelle dining package is to the right of Blue Bayou dining package viewing section, as you look at Tom Sawyer Island.

The first Fantasmic show is at 9.00pm. They will open the viewing sections at 8pm. People start waiting in line at about 7pm. The entrance to your viewing section will be somewhere near Riverbelle Restaurant.

There are no seats. Its just a big taped out rectangle on the ground. The ground has a gentle slope and basically everyone in the viewing section will have a good view. I personally like being at the front near the railings, others prefer being a bit back from the railings.

Everyone sits on the ground during the show. No one is allowed to stand in the viewing sections.
thanks for the detailed reply!

If given the choice of standard or premium view for Riverbelle Terrace, which would you choose? I like the idea of sitting at a table during the show…but not sure how great the view would be from there. Thank you!

If given the choice of standard or premium view for Riverbelle Terrace, which would you choose? I like the idea of sitting at a table during the show…but not sure how great the view would be from there. Thank you!

I would choose standard Riverbelle.

However, after doing Fantasmic dining package over multiple years, from both Blue Bayou and Hungry Bear, which will now be Rancho del zocalo viewing sections, this would be my preference

1. Blue Bayou
2. Previous Hungry Bear, now Rancho del zocalo
3. Riverbelle Standard
4. Riverbelle Premium

This is becuase I personally don't like the angle of the show from Riverbelle side of the viewing areas. The Mark Twain and Columbia are both used during the show. They use the same tracks as during the day, meaning they sail clockwise around Tom Sawyer Island. During the show they first appear facing Riverbelle, then turn, go across the front of the viewing sections and then go down the left side of the island.

However, after doing Fantasmic dining package over multiple years, from both Blue Bayou and Hungry Bear, which will now be Rancho del zocalo viewing sections, this would be my preference

1. Blue Bayou
3. Riverbelle Standard
4. Riverbelle Premium

This is becuase I personally don't like the angle of the show from Riverbelle side of the viewing areas. The Mark Twain and Columbia are both used during the show. They use the same tracks as during the day, meaning they sail clockwise around Tom Sawyer Island. During the show they first appear facing Riverbelle, then turn, go across the front of the viewing sections and then go down the left side of the island.
How about the fireworks after the first show? Sit and watching from witch area best?

How about the fireworks after the first show? Sit and watching from witch area best?
After Fantasmic, everyone stands up. There is no separation between the viewing areas. Theres about 5 minutes between the end of Fantasmic and the start of the fireworks. Some people move forward to the railings, some people leave the viewing areas. I personally moved to the railings and stand at the railings. Anywhere really in the viewing areas will have a good view, although short people and children might not, as everyone is standing. The projections are centered on the water fountains, so to get the absolute best view you need to be at the railings , in the middle.

I would personally choose standard. River Belle is off to the side and there will be people walking on the walkway in between your table and the show.

Last edited:
We did premium River Belle in 2022 with our then two-year-old since we wanted to have something more contained with him. It was a fantastic experience. I’m sure the other sections may have better viewing angles, but we really didn’t feel like we were missing much - and having chairs and not having to line up to get seats was very nice.

1. Blue Bayou
3. Riverbelle Standard
4. Riverbelle Premium

This would be our order of preference, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter