Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We checked in last night to a studio and I think maybe due to the connecting door in our room, we can hear everything from our neighbors - it's like they are standing in our room and made bedtime a challenge last night. They don't seem to be yelling or abnormally loud either. Just seem to be standing right by that door 😫

Do all studios have connecting doors?

My guess is they are full and we couldn't be moved but I am tempted to ask. It's really bad and not at all relaxing 😌

No but many do to make a 2 BR lock-off DVC unit. It really depends on which part of the building you are located in.
My guess is they are full and we couldn't be moved but I am tempted to ask. It's really bad and not at all relaxing 😌
Only way to know is to walk down to the lobby and ask but don't call from the room as that only takes you to a call center.

Dave

Curious if there is still scaffolding in front of Crest O’ the Wave as we have a 1 Bedroom Villa trip with BW View coming up 2nd week of June and so don’t want to get moved.

Does Boardwalk view deluxe studios have connecting doors?

I know the standard view have some studios with and without connecting doors, and the last time I was there, I specifically requested a studio WITHOUT connecting doors due to noise concerns.

We will be staying there in Feb 2025 (BW view, studio), and I would rather have one room without connecting doors, although I really want to have a higher floor (I don't care if it is far away from elevator/lobby)

thanks

Last edited:
We will be staying there in Feb 2025 (BW view, studio), and I would rather have one room without connecting doors, although I really want to have a higher floor (I don't care if it is far away from elevator/lobby)

There are a few Boardwalk view Deluxe Studios on upper floors: 5029, 4029, 4031, 3029, and finally 3031 without a connecting door. They are a small subset of the number of BW view studios. Your chances are not great but at least they exist.

Note: Rooms ending in x031 are next to a Grand Villa and may have some noise and a slight view blockage of the view on the Epcot side of the room due to the building facade.

Dave

There are a few Boardwalk view Deluxe Studios on upper floors: 5029, 4029, 4031, 3029, and finally 3031 without a connecting door. They are a small subset of the number of BW view studios. Your chances are not great but at least they exist.

Note: Rooms ending in x031 are next to a Grand Villa and may have some noise and a slight view blockage of the view on the Epcot side of the room due to the building facade.

Dave

ah, so I should probably just ask for higher floor and forget about those specific rooms to have a better view.

Thanks again!

ah, so I should probably just ask for higher floor and forget about those specific rooms to have a better view.
No I would still request 5029, 4029 or 3029 as your first request and a dedicated Studio to reduced noise as your second request. I would still take rooms x031 over a connecting room. We are not talking about a major view issue in rooms x031. You still get a great view of the Crease lake resort area.

How much time are you really planing to sit on the deck vs enjoying everything else available a WDW?

If you wanted the absolute best view from a BW view Studio, I would suggest x013,x015 (x=3-5) but they are connecting rooms and I would rather have reduced noise vs the best boardwalk view possible.

Are you staying on DVC points (your own or rented) or a cash room stay? Your points your request goes to Member Services (MS) for rented points your request must be made by the points owner. Cash stay requests go to Disney reservations and are noted on your reservation.

You should always stop in the lobby when you arrive to see if your requests were met before you head to your DVC room.

Dave

No I would still request 5029, 4029 or 3029 as your first request and a dedicated Studio to reduced noise as your second request. I would still take rooms x031 over a connecting room. We are not talking about a major view issue in rooms x031. You still get a great view of the Crease lake resort area.

How much time are you really planing to sit on the deck vs enjoying everything else available a WDW?

If you wanted the absolute best view from a BW view Studio, I would suggest x013,x015 (x=3-5) but they are connecting rooms and I would rather have reduced noise vs the best boardwalk view possible.

Are you staying on DVC points (your own or rented) or a cash room stay? Your points your request goes to Member Services (MS) for rented points your request must be made by the points owner. Cash stay requests go to Disney reservations and are noted on your reservation.

You should always stop in the lobby when you arrive to see if your requests were met before you head to your DVC room.

Dave

I rented points.

we will be at the parks most of the day, so maybe I will request the rooms without connecting doors if the view is not that much worse.

My reservation is not until Feb 2025, so when would be the best time to ask the owner to make the requests?

Thank you again, very helpful information!

we will be at the parks most of the day, so maybe I will request the rooms without connecting doors if the view is not that much worse.
For the 3rd time the view is great from all these dedicated BW Studios. Just for full disclosure did I mentioned the slight view impact in x031 rooms due to the building facade. The entire building curves so the views are slightly different in each section.
My reservation is not until Feb 2025, so when would be the best time to ask the owner to make the requests?
Now is the time to communicate to the points Owner any requests you want them to submit to Member Services for your dates.

And again double check with the MS desk in building lobby before you go to the room. The earlier in the day you check increases your odds of getting a possible room change if the initial room assignment does not meet your requests. If you wait until after 4 PM there may not be any options available at the MS desk.

Dave

We checked in last night to a studio and I think maybe due to the connecting door in our room, we can hear everything from our neighbors - it's like they are standing in our room and made bedtime a challenge last night. They don't seem to be yelling or abnormally loud either. Just seem to be standing right by that door 😫

Last week I was in a connecting studio and was awoken very early by the 2 kids in the adjoining room screaming and fighting with each other... "DADDY! DADDY! HE BIT ME!!!" I called the front desk and asked if it was possible to be moved to a non-adjoining room and they moved me down the hall to another studio. Made a HUGE difference in the noise. There are definitely some non-connecting studios and that's what I'm requesting from now on.

Edit: the studio I was moved into was room 5085 if that helps

I rented points.

Thank you again, very helpful information!
You can see the ball and fireworks from any of the dedicated BW view studios. IMO the BW view studios with the best view are in the Crest of the Wave section, although none of these are dedicated and it’s the longest walk of the BW view villas.

I posted this on FB yesterday so I figured I'd also post here. Yesterday we received our room number through online check-in and much to my disappointment we were assigned a first floor room overlooking the quiet pool and bushes. We've not had a good experience in the past with a lower floor room (mainly lack of privacy) so I headed to the front desk to see if there was anything else available that we could switch to. Well, we were reassigned to room 4277. BTW we had decent luck with GDT using TP room request (same last 2 numbers of the room and the wing I wanted but on a lower floor) but BWI wasn't even close. I have to say I'm very happy that I went to the front desk and didn't just settle. BWI 4277.jpgBWI 4277 VIEW.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter