Amazing Race season 36

I had a feeling it would be them wanted it to be one of the others to win.
Same here. I couldn't even finish watching when I saw my "pick" head to New Jersey. 😕

I hope this is the last of this format, I know it was filmed a couple of years ago. I like the juggling of flights at the airport, I like when a team can hold up another team at the challenge, I like more countries thrown in the mix.

No wonder AR held this in the can for so long. It was obvious that Ricky and Cesar would win... they won most of the challenges along the way. The format was probably the reason, but it was nice to see a team win who was nice to one another the entire race.

I'd have been happy with any of the final 3 winning. I loved when friends told the football player to "go get them." It was pure irony that they wound up at a Pat's in NJ.

I enjoyed that they were in Philadelphia. I often give friends advice about the city and I knew everywhere that they went except for the Foerd Mansion. I have to look that up to go there. The liberty bell puzzle looked harder than it seemed to be.

I think I mentioned before that they may have held this season not only because they needed find extra footage to make it a 90 min show, but also to make it interesting when one team was consistently in the lead. I also wouldn't be surprised if Danny and Angie filed some sort of dispute that needed to be resolved before the episode aired. Even Phil's interview says that they made a decision with the facts they were given at that time.

I was impressed at how well Cesar did the preamble challenge and the flag challenge. I'm surprised that Leticia stumbled with the five pointed stars.

I was kind of bummed that they didn’t do a memory challenge with everything they had seen along the way.

I really didn’t care who won but would’ve felt bad if Ricky and Cesar got eliminated because Ricky couldn’t wind surf. I was kind of surprised he struggled so much with the challenge since he had done so well with other ones.

I was okay with anyone of them winning as they all had a good attitude. My problem is (and I realize it was during the pandemic) that one of the guys was from South America giving them the spanish speaking advantage and then them ending up in Philadelphia where the other guy was raised-I had a little problem with that. I'm sure they ask where each was from/raised. They did however, do all the roadblocks easily and rarely got lost. My favorite was the pilot guys. I thought it was great that they had a sense of humor about it.

I was okay with anyone of them winning as they all had a good attitude. My problem is (and I realize it was during the pandemic) that one of the guys was from South America giving them the spanish speaking advantage and then them ending up in Philadelphia where the other guy was raised-I had a little problem with that. I'm sure they ask where each was from/raised. They did however, do all the roadblocks easily and rarely got lost. My favorite was the pilot guys. I thought it was great that they had a sense of humor about it.
I thought the same thing--being a Spanish speaker was a huge advantage on this particular season. Of course, there was no guarantee that the Philly resident would get to the final leg, but it still seemed unfair. We did enjoy the historical challenges--this is why you pay attention in history class!

I liked that all the final 3 teams were good competitors who were also kind to each other and the other teams. Ricky and Cesar did have a Spanish advantage, but they were not the only ones. Several of the teams had Spanish speakers.

I was most surprised by the complete lack of direction sense and map reading that the pilots seemed to have all season. I guess navigating the skies does not equate to navigating the ground!

Yvonne (Chavez) spoke Spanish fluently. Juan (Jose Villa Naranjo) was born and raised in Columbia where episodes 3, 4 and 5 were filmed. He is a native Spanish speaker. We heard Vinny tell Amber to be quiet because he spoke better Spanish than her (supposedly high school level for both of them). Some of the other eliminated teams had a Spanish speaker as well (ex. Mary Cordona-Foster)

Unfortunately, it was a disappointing season. Not just because it was dominated by one team, but because of Covid restrictions of having charter flights, staying in one geographic region and just generally uninteresting (IMO) challenges overall.

Yvonne (Chavez) spoke Spanish fluently. Juan (Jose Villa Naranjo) was born and raised in Columbia where episodes 3, 4 and 5 were filmed. He is a native Spanish speaker. We heard Vinny tell Amber to be quiet because he spoke better Spanish than her (supposedly high school level for both of them). Some of the other eliminated teams had a Spanish speaker as well (ex. Mary Cordona-Foster)
yup. And it's not the first season that ended in a city that one of the teams was familiar with. That has happened multiple times before. Wasn't my favorite season but I am happy with who won.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter